Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What we are working on this week....

Well we were off to a good start this week , however after the arrival of the Wii, Papa bear decided to call in sick to work yesterday to play video games with Taylor hmmmmm? Not much math is going to get done with the Sonic super Olympic games all revved up by 10:30am, so yes, yesterday was a huge bust....I think I said "go to work, Marc" 5,000 times!!!

Today the kids had dental appointments and since they haven't been in over a year I thought the outcome would have been way worse...final verdict..they are going back next week to fill a cavity each

I have been getting a lot of questions about curriculum lately ( you know who you are) so I thought I would post a few pics of the books the kids are currently using. I think we are going to take July off BUT we are going to have to fill the days with something besides iPods, pads and super Mario etc.

This came in the mail this morning and Taylor has been working in it most of the afternoon. He doesn't do the writing part but I think I may throw that in later as a writing exercise just for fun ( evil laugh)..

Draw write now







Geography, which they both love and the Atlas to supplement....





And the dreaded (by me) Math books. I do not care for the Singapore Math and am going back to Horizons Math 100%!

Carly is just about finished with book 1 and yes, she is way behind but we should be able to catch up by the fall and if we dont, oh well, we dont!!!
Taylor is doing well in the Singapore but it is just so boring...the Horizons, although has LOTS and LOTS of reviewing is just over all better, with better explanations as they work. I will just have to pick and choose my way through the lessons. 

Finally, Evan Moor reading comprehension, this is on top of Creative writing, grammar and spelling which is Abekka and then Horizons Spelling. Carly has been working out of these books since, Kindergarten, I think. 





No comments:

Post a Comment