Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blog, frogs and sausages

Hello there! Well thanks to my sister taking a break/bet from Facebook and her new updated blog she has suggested we join this blogging journey together, so here after a 4 month hiatus I am here to update you!


First, I am blogging on my blog app, which is super wicked cool and I love all things "app". Apps are our friend after all, someone looking out for us and making our lives easier..


So here goes, another shout out to my dear sister who made me a lovely dinner, not 1 but 2 nights in a row and who was oh so accommodating after my 2 children and I gave her literally a 20 minute warning that we would be staying with her for 4 days.


Back to the sausage... She made me a super yummo dinner of sausages , peppers and potatoes. Well, if you know my sis, you know she can not eat onions. They make all kinds of nasty sounds come out of her :(
Well me , I am a lover of onions, so because of her inspiration to the dish I returned home to Florida armed with not only a big, juicy, sweet Vadalia but also a cute, little, sweet potato just to shake thinks up a bit. Yup, I live on the edge.
Anyway my version both before and after cooking, and if I do say so myself was rather yummy. Thanks Donna xoxox.


So after a lovely 4 day escape to Georgia we retuned home with birds and bunnies on our mind. You see we visited a game ranch while away and all decided we needed more pets, many more pets. 







 So upon careful consideration we decided to look into lovebirds and possibly a rabbit. Well in the middle of our family, new pet, conversation, Papa bear was getting out of the pool, grabbed the closest beach towel and there on his greying chest hairs was the cutest little tree frog. Carly, Taylor and I all looked at each other and screamed " PET". And just like that, Hoppy became the newest member of the Dinowitz family. We quickly googled tree frogs and made a list of his needs: Branches, smooth gravel, bugs dead or alive, non-chlorinated water and mulch. Hoppy was a resident for 2 days and while we captured dinner bugs for him we were concerned he was not getting the proper nutrition that he needed and deserved. So we decided to let him free, sort of.... We left it up to Hoppy, we opened his container cage and let him decide if he wanted to hop or stay. We checked on him through-out the day and he was there. Taylor suggested maybe he didn't know how to hop out, with a name like Hoppy you never know, so we then decided to lay the cage open for easy escape. At last check Hoppy was staying put. We will see what tomorrow brings but here is the little guy....

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Im so happy you are blogging. I LOVE this post! I will follow every day. :-) your dinner looked great (except the onions, LOL at my sounds, thanks for sharing with the world btw! LOL) And how cute is Hoppy. I hope he sticks around. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, you are the only one who reads this. The sounds are still our little secret xo

    ReplyDelete