Monday, May 21, 2012

Keeping busy

Since we are no longer participating at the gym 2 days per week it is up to me to try to fill the days with interesting and creative ideas. The pool is good, but with temps about to reach 90 degrees any minute it is still more of an early morning/evening activity.


We went to Michaels over the weekend and picked up some bird houses and terra cotta pots for organizing Carlys hair ties and lipsticks. Should be doing that later this week.


Today went well and we did about 3 hours of school work, our main focus for Carly is on math, as she has completed all of her 3rd grade books except math.


After school work, they wanted to paint the bird houses. Can you tell which belongs to each of us? LOL



Carly and I are also highly addicted to the Draw Something app. Some of the drawings turn out completely crazy looking like "really should we even be playing this game", but Carly being the little artist-in-denial that she is, actually comes up with some really cute ones when she wants to..here is my current favorite.



And yet drawing some more she even broke out the markers.YAY


Taylor has been wanting to bowl ever since our home school field day, he came up with this little idea ...now he has Wii Sports which he loves but I kind of like the more creative ideas.


 I think I will be able to pull this off after all. Luckily we are all home bodies so it might not be as hard as I think. 




2 comments:

  1. Love it all. And yay for 3 hours of school work, thats so great. The bird houses are so cute. You've inspired me to go get us some, we have none! How is that? Oh and you need to change the name of your blog. It's 2012. LOL :-) This post makes me a little sad though...We are really missing you guys, and wish we could play with you every day. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I started it last year bc there is another , I will do that now thanks...yes get some I love the one beaux made me mine is next to mine on the fridge. They are all on sale at michaels this week for $ 3.99 plus print out your 40% off coupon. We miss you guys too , see u in July if u want us. Love you

    ReplyDelete